While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same, our commitment to you and your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. We have implemented some additional new infection control procedures following this COVID-19 pandemic to keep our patients and staff safe.
Our office is following the infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association, CDC and OSHA. We are following the recommendations of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
• Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
• We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
• You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
• Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. We have rearranged our waiting room to comply with the new social distancing recommendations.
• We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the waiting area at any one time.
• We now have advanced filtration units with UV-C sterilization and HEPA filters in our operatories and have implemented pre-procedural oral rinsing.