Bryan M. Bergens, DDS, FICOI, FACD, ABAAHP
Board Certified Periodontist
Fellow, International Congress of Oral Implantologists
Diplomate, The American Board of Anti-Aging Health Practitioners
Dr. Bryan Bergens is a Diplomate of the American Academy of Periodontology and an Assistant Professor in implant surgery at the University of Florida, School of Dentistry. Dr. Bergens is a Fellow, International Congress of Oral Implantologists and received his training at Louisiana State University. He has over 31 years of practice experience. As a Board Certified Periodontist he practices the full scope of the specialty with expertise ranging from dental implants to periodontal surgery, sinus augmentation and gum grafting, including Laser and Pinhole surgical techniques and extractions. Dr. Bergens also specializes in correcting a wide variety of implant complications due to bone loss or poor aesthetic results.
What does it mean to be a Diplomate of the American Academy of Periodontology? A Diplomate is a periodontist who has made significant achievements beyond the mandatory educational requirements of the specialty and who is certified by the American Board of Periodontology.
How is Care from Dr. Bergens Different? Dr. Bergens will provide you with conservative treatment that is predictable and right for you. You can expect to spend some time with Dr. Bergens as he gets to know you and your individual needs and goals. Dr. Bergens and his staff will take the time to educate you on your options and empower you to make the best treatment decisions, all while working closely with your family dentist in a team approach.
Why is Using a Specialist Such a Good Idea? Periodontics is the most qualified dental specialty to treat patients who need dental implants and/or periodontal surgery. Dr. Bergens’s practice is exclusive to periodontal therapy and implant placement. After graduating from dental school, Dr. Bergens further advanced his education in a three-year residency in Periodontics. This gives him the opportunity to handle the most complex periodontal cases, from severe bone loss due to gum disease to eliminating recession with soft-tissue grafting. In addition, he is trained in the surgical placement of dental implants to replace missing teeth or to support dentures. By focusing on periodontal therapy and implant placement, he has honed his skills and knowledge, lowering your risk of complications and pain. Once your goals have been met and healing has been completed, Dr. Bergens will return you back to your family dentist to continue the dental care you know and trust.
To schedule an appointment or consultation with Dr. Bergens, call 386-258-2214
- Graduate of Louisiana State University School of Dentistry 1991
- Graduate of the Postgraduate Program of Periodontics 1993
- Board Certification in Periodontology 1997
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists, Fellow
- The American Academy of Periodontologists
- Pierre Fauchard International Dental Honor Society, Fellow
- Academy of General Dentist
- American Dental Association
- American Society of Dental Anesthesiology
- Academy of Osseointegration
- International Academy of Laser Dentistry
- Florida Association of Periodontists
- Florida Central District Dental Society
- Florida Dental Association
- Volusia-Flagler Dental Association
- Daytona Beach Rotary Club
- Florida Hospital Memorial Systems - Consulting Staff
- Assistant Professor University of Florida School of Dentistry
- Past Professor Oregon Health and Science University School of Dentistry
- Past President Oregon Society of Periodontology
- Oregon Board of Dentistry - Past Consultant